Friday, May 11, 2007

Mowing

You guys know the big soccer field at the church? Yeah, I have been mowing the grass on it the past couple weeks. I just got done mowing it today. I really enjoy it because I get to mow it on one of hose big riders kind of like the one in the pic. My goal today was to try and get my lines as straight as I possibly could. You guys can check my work by looking at the soccer field next time you are at the church. The only problem was that the field was so bumpy that it was near impossible to mow straight lines. I wanted to be perfect in my mowing kind of like Jacobs field if you have ever seen those lines, but I couldn't do it. It reminds me of my own life and my relationship with Jesus Christ. So often, I think that if I just try really really hard, I can be good and be like God and be more perfect, but it's not true. That is why the whole gospel of Jesus Christ is so crazy because it's not about what we can do for Him, it is about what He has done for us. If it wasn't for Christ, we would not be capable of doing anything. I don't know about you, but I am so grateful for the grace that comes from Christ.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I'm not perfect
I'll have to check out your mowing skills
:)

FIRST COMMENT!!! :)

Anonymous said...

i want a riding lawn mower so bad

Anonymous said...

i get to mow my lawn with a tractor.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i have an older brother b/c he has 2 mow the lawn. hahaha. i'm glad i'm not perfect, 2.

Anonymous said...

i cant mow the lawn its one of the downsides to being short : (

Anonymous said...

I kinda have an analogy to that. I was trying not to swear this whole year, and I had not really said anything bad this year. Though today I slipped a little bit on that goal. Just proves that no one is perfect.

fuhry said...

Sometimes I mow our lawn for ten dollars. Yes I'm Becky.

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

i LIKE HAVING AN OLDER BROTHER TOO CAUSE HE HAS TO MOW THE LAWN & BESIDES I DON'T EVEN WEIGH ENOUGH TO GET THE MOWER STARTED LOL :)