Sunday, May 20, 2007

Good morning, Sunshine!

Good morning! I just woke up, so I feel it's a little dangerous for me to be posting something right now. I'm really not a morning person. Plus, I'm so out of it, I've already made like 20 typos. When I was in high school, I was such a different person in the mornings that I would say horribly mean things to my family that I would never say normally. Then I realized that it doesn't matter how tired I am, it's no excuse to be cruel.

Oh, and can I just say that, ironically, my dad just walked in the room and created one of my classic morning pet peeves. My dad is really nice in the morning. He's just so happy and....inquisitive. He cheerfully asks me as many questions as he can think of. It's like nails against a chalk board because I hate talking in the mornings. It takes me about an hour to be able to talk. The funny thing is, I've told him countless times I hate talking in the morning, but he still gets upset when I give him short answers. It really is funny. I usually am able to laugh about it by ten o'clock. I love my dad, though. It would be much better to be like him than me.

There are certain things about each of us that will make doing the right thing a little harder. In this case, it is really hard for me to be nice to people when I first wake up. But it's no excuse! What circumstance keeps you from doing the right thing?

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1-2

By the way, are you a morning bird or a night owl? Let's take a poll.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

im a night owl. 1st comment again. beastly.

I am a Christian who happens to be a baseball player, not a baseball player who happens to be a Christain.

Anonymous said...

I'm such a morning person. I like to read play on the computer (wake my sister up lol) and go on my run in the morning cause it's sooo quiet... I HAVE TO MAKE IT NOISY :-)
second comment

Anonymous said...

YOu and i are such opposites Johnsey! (Well except for the demented part...just kidding, ROGTCMAOL--translation: Rolling on glass that cuts me all over laughing...hahaha Im weird) I am a night owl and definitly NOT a morning person.....i can stay up soooooooo late even when im tired--although even when i do stay up late a get up at a resonably good hour. You want to know what helps get up sometime? Ok even if you don't i'm gonna tell you: the sun! Now that it's almost summer and the days r longer it's actully light outside when i wake up and my bed is right next to the window. The light shines into my room and that helps me wake up, well this comment is getting pretty long so i netter stop...:)

Anonymous said...

wow bunch of typos there...opps! ;)

Anonymous said...

i lik makin' typos...THE HECK WITH REVISIONS AND SPELL CHECKIN'!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi peeps, it's me calling out at 1:13am!! I just got back from a baseball game that we lost and was kinda boring but was fun anyway! Well id'd better get going , my brother had a cow 'cause i wan't in bed.

Anonymous said...

lol Maggie you sent me an e-mail at 1:00am! lol I'm guessin' that you had WAY too much cafine

Anonymous said...

im a night owl I could stay up all night which would actually turn into morning sooner or later so i guess im a little bit of both : )>