Sunday, May 27, 2007

Food for Thought

I just spent four hours alone in the car driving back from Cincinnati. This much time alone in the car can be extremely boring. To tame my boredom, I sometimes like to scan the radio as I pass through new towns, looking for the station broadcasting "Delilah: Love Someone Tonight." I don't actually like listening to Delilah, but she can provide some laughs and it keeps me awake. Of course, that only works in the evenings. Other times, I just eat to keep entertained. Do you have any good car game recommendations?

I was thinking about time spent alone, like my time in the car, with nothing to do but think. I find at times like those I can either let good thoughts or bad thoughts creep into my mind. For example, I can spend the time praying for someone I love or I can let myself worry. I can count my blessings or dwell on the things I've done wrong. I think that God wants to use those alone times to grow in us, but Satan would love us to spend that time believing lies.


Try filtering your thoughts to find what is from God and what is not. And how do you know what is from God? By knowing what the Bible says! Once you know what God has said in the Bible, you can know what truth is versus what can cause you to have unhealthy thoughts. When I consistently filter my thoughts in that way, it changes my whole day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post
When I'm not doing much I tend to think too much about mistakes I've made
I'm sorry but I have no good car games. Car games make me sick so I don't play them.
I normally sleep on long car rides but since your driving I wouldn't recomend it lol

Anonymous said...

try to find a license plate from every state
it is hard but i have done it a few times

Anonymous said...

when my family goes on a long drive my mind starts to drift and my mind makes everything into a cartoon its kinda neet but if your the driver and expereancing this i would get coffee as soon as possible because you might hit someone or something!!!!

Anonymous said...

When we go on trips i bring along almost everything imaginable along to keep me busy and then i end of sleeping most of the time. This summer we are taking a road trip down to north Carolina camping in the smokey moutains and then going to the coast to relax near the ocean and swim. It'll be great i love rode trips, they're so much fun.

When i'm alone i sometimes do think about the mistakes I've made and how i could have improved what i did then to something better. Other times i like to reminisce about hiliarious and fun times with friends and family, like the ski/splash weekend.

No car games eaither sorry, i like to read or play a electronic thing but scine you're driving that could be a problem...:)