Saturday, May 12, 2007

Love is all you need....

Today, I just really love Jesus. I wish that I felt the same amount of love for Him everyday like He does for me, but in my humanity I don't. Today, though, I'm remembering my first love and all the things that drew me to Christ.

I believe so much that Jesus is the answer for our lives. He is the One who tells you that you don't have to try for His love. He is the One who tells a Romanian street child that he is worth more than a life of violence and addiction. He is the One who tells a Thai slave that there is a hope for her future. Jesus promises that one day all of the suffering will end and His justice will reign. Jesus makes it so that a shunned woman who went to jail for murder can walk into a group of Christians and feel love. He forgives the worst thing you will ever do and will use you for good things in spite of it. I know it sounds corny, but our Jesus is so beautiful. It is beautiful that He goes to the darkest places on earth and brings light. No one and nothing else can do these things.

Psalm 103:2
"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things so that
your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

Do you ever have days that your feel despair? On those days, remember these things and remember that despair does not come from God.

Let me know what you think - how does God encourage you?

p.s. This picture has nothing to do with the post, although I also love the baby very much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that I loved GOD so much every day but sometimes I get mad at him

IT'S REALLY HARD FOR ME!


first comment :)

Anonymous said...

I believe that GOD encourages me through my family

When ever I feel awful, like I can't go on with life my parents give me hugs and my sistyer says nice things to help me and through thos things, I feel GOD'S love for me

Anonymous said...

great post that was awsome !!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

God encourages me through my friends. When i'm down, my best friend is always there for me.

That's how God shows His love to me

Anonymous said...

When I feel bad, like "one person", my friends are there to comfort me and help me. My family also shows God's love by loving me. God is so great!!

dr. pepsi said...

hello i am back for a little teeny