Friday, May 09, 2008

What happens if I don't feel God?

Many people ask this question at many different times in life. They believe in God, but they don't understand why they don't feel God or why they don't hear God or see God like so many people say they do. I have felt this many times in my life. I thought more about it this morning when I dug this old CD out that I really like and was struck by the words to this one song. It's by a band called "Everybodyduck" and the song is called, "Because You Are."

"I can't feel you like others around. I don't feel like kneeling or closing my eyes. Is there something wrong with my heart that I can't see or do you feel love still when nobody cries. So I'll praise you if I never feel you. And I'll love you because I know you're there. And if you should choose I'm sure one day I'll feel it, but feeling good is never the reason I cared"

We don't love and serve God because of a feeling, although it does feel good much of the time. We should praise Him even if we don't feel him, because we trust that he is there and that His promises are true. I hope that is true in your life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i get that to.
i am listening to the song right now. i like the beginning of the song.
i really like the band flyleaf, and it is funny because no one knows that they are a Christian band.

PrinceofCleveland said...

that's cool!