Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pleasing God!

I am a Sports ADDICT! I love Sports, specifically, Cleveland sports. I love the Buckeyes, the Browns, the Indians, and my current favorite (because they're in the play-offs) The Cavs! With the series tied 2-2 vs. the Boston Celtics (evil), I've been getting really excited about game 5 tonight. The way I figure it, if we can win this game, we'll be able to win the series. The most exciting thing about the games thus far is that we have been able to win without Lebron James having a great game. He's been able to just count on his team-mates to help him out, and together, as a team, they have beaten the Celtics. Which. Is. Awesome!!

The thing about Lebron is that he is an extremely gifted athlete. Once that man gets a full head of steam and starts charging towards the rim, there is NO stopping him, as you saw if you watched the fourth quarter of game 4 on Monday night when he posterized Kevin Garnett. Lebron is a natural talent. Being 6'8, and that fast is just amazing. God created him with this remarkable set of skills, that he has nurtured till now he is the best basketball player on the planet (I can't believe Kobe won the MVP. That is trash).

Imagine how God must feel everytime he watches Lebron on the court. He must be proud to know that his son has taken his God-Given skills, and developed them through hard work and practice. He honors God every time he preforms, putting on a show for us and for his Heavenly Father.

If you are a movie fan, you may have heard of an old classic movie called 'Chariots of Fire'. It is about a Christian runner from England. If you havn't seen it, I totally recommend it. In it, he makes a profound statement about the talent that God has gifted him with. "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure." Eric Lidell understood that God had given him a talent, running, and when he ran he was running for God.

The awesome thing about this is that all of us have these talents. Some of us can draw just amazing things. I know I cannot, but I am always impressed at those of you who can. Everytime you draw, or paint or even just sketch, God is pleased as he watched you develop your specific talent. Some of you are great athletes and some of you are amazing musicians. Here at Edge we have Artist, Athletes, Musicians, Writers and Singers. And all of you bring Joy to God's heart when you just go out and...play or preform. You bring joy to the people around you by using your talent and you make God Proud of you.

So, your goal for today: Go out and just do something that you are good at. And know that when you do that, you make God Proud like a Father watching his young son in secret, smiling and just wishing someone was around so he could point at you and say, 'Look at what my Child is doing. Isn't he AMAZING! No one is as good as my Son!'. I think I'm going to make God proud through my amazing Wii skills now, so I gotta go!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are the comments?

it seems that I must have commented a lot to go from o to when we had10 comments

Anonymous said...

I agree Ben! I was going back to some of the older posts, we had one that had around seventy comments!! What happened to that!?! COMMENT PEOPLE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And I thought no one could make a post longer than Jill... lol!

Anonymous said...

Your skills may be amazing, but you know I own you at the Wii, right? ;)

I thought for sure this post would have huge amounts of comments on it.

Awesome post, Sherif! Hope to see more!

Anonymous said...

Cool post, Sherif!

Anonymous said...

more comments!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hi this is Ben

SOrry, but I cant make it to edge, im goin to nigre falls this weekend
ill be there sunday

GOod comments keep going

Sherif said...

Ahem, Katrina, I'm right here. Ok, so it was a long post, but seriously, you can't say it was any longer than Jill's! :)

Nathan. My Friend. Don't be silly. I would whup you in Wii like I whup you in...well, everything.

Anonymous said...

Yes I can! Look at it!!! lol! Sorry if it offended you!

Sherif said...

I was just teasing Katrina, you are definitely right, I am a long poster!

Anonymous said...

i would post the most out of all of you