Thursday, May 22, 2008

Love Your Neighbor

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

If you have been around Edge for a while now, you might remember our series that we did last year called "NUMBER 2." If you would like to watch the video from that series, CLICK HERE!

Loving your neighbor is the second greatest commandment and that is the reason for the series called "Number 2." We have to understand first how much Christ loves us. Once we do, we love him back with everything we have and part of loving him back is loving the same people that he loves, our neighbor. On the cross, Christ saw you and I as people who were worth dieing for. People who were worth it. So it's simple...we need to look at our neighbor, our friends, our family members and say, these are people that Christ thinks are worth dieing for so they are definitely worth loving. Start loving your neighbor...who knows what will happen? Start with your literal neighbor. How are you going to show love to your next door neighbor, today? It's obviously pretty important since it is the NUMBER 2 commandment!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Lord your God
With all your heart
With all your soul
With all your mind
And with all your strength (2x)

With all your heart
With all your soul
With all your mind
And with all your strength
Love the Lord your God
With all your heart
With all your soul
With all your mind
And with all your strength

I will serve the Lord
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
And with all my strength (2x)

With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
And with all my strength
I will serve the Lord
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
And with all my strength

I will love You (I will love You)
I will praise You (I will praise You)
I will serve You, Lord (I will serve You)
I will trust You, Lord (I will trust You)

And with all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
And with all my strength
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
With all my strength

I will love You Lord
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
And with all my strength

-Lincoln Brewster

Anonymous said...

To love your neighbor isn't to agree with him. You should lead to them to the lord. That is the greatest thing you can do for anyone. So if you are at stow or hudson, or even cvca, show Gods love to them.

save a friend and show him aJesus christ




P.S. cvca has 14 days until we are done forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(this year)

Anonymous said...

i remember two.... you should have done one THAN two


think before you act

My k is working, so now I can write
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeelly

Anonymous said...

i agree with what ban said but what about cuyahoga falls aren't they important. But other than that i like what u sad.

Anonymous said...

o yea and cuyahoga falls only has 8 more days left. just thought i let u know ben

Anonymous said...

and oh, by the way, I beat the addicting game of the week

try it!!!!!!(on the last level attack the top first then the bottom, and attack left to right)

Anonymous said...

Comment person to me you got two minutes

Anonymous said...

8 days or eight school days(ps I cant name all the schools)

Anonymous said...

eight schools days and we get off tomorrow

Anonymous said...

we have 8 SCHOOL days off also

Anonymous said...

What is the last day Eight graders are gonna be allowed in Sunday Edge? And what day are the fifth graders coming in?