Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Still Begins with One Step


Well hello there! As some of you may already know, this handsome fellow to my left here is Me, Sherif Mansour. I have the privilege of being the newest Intern here at Hudson Community Chapel. With this in mind, they have asked me to tell you a little about myself and how I ended up here at HCC, so that hopefully when you see the image to the left out and about, you are not frightened. I'm actually quite harmless!

I was born and raised in Cairo, Egypt. I was raised by my Mother and Grandmother because my Father had immigrated to the US before I was born. I lived in Egypt till I was almost 9, at which point my Mother and I moved to Akron, Ohio to be with my Dad.

The move was a hard one for me, being in a new country where I knew no one and didn't really speak the language, but God was very gracious to me and I quickly made some great friends. I went to Chapel Hill Christian School (North) through 6th grade, then went to Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy for the remainder of my Junior High and High School years. In CVCA I was a proud member of the Football, Tennis and Chess teams. Yeah, I'm pretty much a huge nerd.

After CVCA, I went to Taylor University, a small Christian college in Indiana, where I majored in History. I lived out in Indiana for almost 6 years, before coming back to civilization (Ohio) in January of '07. Since then, I have been working at Aladdin's in downtown Hudson.
Throughout my time in Ohio, I had attended HCC, having gone through the Edge and Porch respectively when I was in school (though I think they were both called 'Edge' back then). I am really excited to be back at Edge as a leader. The students who are here now are WAY cooler than the ones who were there when I was a student. Except for me of course. No one is cooler than me.

I look forward to being able to hang out more with you guys, as well as blog on here to share my coolness and wisdom with everyone :).

4 comments:

Todd Iannetta said...

Sherif, you are the man!

Anonymous said...

congratulations sherif!
that is amazing tht u were born their.
i didnt even look at ur pic as frightening because i already know how amazing u r.

P.S. :).

It(^) looks like a smiley with a mole
lol

Anonymous said...

SHERIF! MY AWESOME SMALL GROUP LEADER! You've finally joined the Edge Blog Staff. You. Are. Awesome.

Sorry I couldn't go to small group tonight. Kinda have bad allergies.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats Sherif! If there was anything that could make you cooler it would be joining the Edge blog staff!

P.S. You are a little scary with red eyes lol!