Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We're in Kentucky, y'all!


Hi, Friends! Today marks the halfway mark for our LeaderTreks trip! It has been challenging and fun at the same time.

Isn't it weird that hard work can be fun? I think in our case it's fun because it is for a purpose. Sometimes, as in our case, it is easy to find purpose in our daily activities. We're helping a church community by building onto their church. But, in other cases, it is hard to find meaning in our days. When I worked at Starbucks, I had a hard time seeing how my time there honored God. I came to realize that everyday should be lived out with worship and purpose, no matter what the job. This meant making the best lattes I could while being as Christlike to mean customers as I could. It also meant loving my co-workers in a way that made Jesus look good!

So, making each day purposeful can be hard, but it can be done! Do your best for Jesus and love the people around you. Remember, what you do today can impact eternity.

Now, a word from some of the LeaderTreks girls....Jenn T., Meredith F., and Jessie O.

"Hello, Edgers! We are having an awesome time, even though we smell really bad right now. Who knew serving the Lord could be so much fun? Seeing the joy in the church goers faces when they see the work we are doing is indescribably heart warming! We truly recommend that you come next year!"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

howdy y'all

Anonymous said...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hello people, do you like my border?? IT's so you know I'm the same anonymous! I wish i could help out sometime like you guys are.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Anonymous said...

Hey people! Hi Jill! Hi others I don't know...

3rd comment!

Anonymous said...

That's an important point you made about how what we do today can make a huge impact on the future
:-p