Saturday, June 09, 2007

It's a good day.

Today is a beautiful day. You can't deny it. Today, I went on a picnic, which I think is a perfect beautiful Saturday afternoon activity. Then, I drank a soy latte, which I consider a perfect any day activity. So that just increased my joy. And, I spent the day with people I really like. That's an essential for me to have a good day.

What is a perfect day for you? Is it active or lazy? Sunny or rainy? Inside or outside? Spent alone or with people? Does it involve food (I only mention that because a perfect day for me has to include good food)?


It's beneficial to talk about what makes a great day, but it's also good to talk about how to make each day good. Jesus tells us to pick up our cross daily. To me, that means surrendering each day to Jesus...asking him what He might have for me, making decisions that honor Him, and putting away my selfish desires. When I do those things, there's no way the day is wasted. And that's a good day.


"Then [Jesus] said to them all, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.'" Luke 9:23




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st comment!!! Yes!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok well, the perfect day for me. like your, is spent with good buds, with food. Also it could either be outside or inside but both would be nice. And sunny, no rain-rain is bad. The perfect day is just spent being crazy with friends doing really fun and memorable things. Thats what i like.

I love the post Jill, we should all take up our cross and follow Jesus!

Anonymous said...

the perfect day for me would juwst be hangin out wit hmy friends playin games and sitting by the pool