Saturday, March 17, 2007

Oh Happy Day

Today is a good day. My best friends are coming into town and I'm just thrilled about it. There are some friendships in my life that I think are given by God, blessed by Him. So, when I see these friends, I feel like my soul is refreshed in a way. We talk about things that matter, laugh about some things that don't matter, pray for each other, and encourage each other. I know that I can trust them to be a good friend in hard times and to forgive me when I mess up as a friend. It's a real friendship, you know?

I hope I didn't get to mushy on you. There is a point, I promise. I'm thinking...how do you become a good friend? Honestly, you follow Jesus' example. His life will show you how to think of others before yourself, how to forgive, how to show compassion, and just how to love people in your everyday life. When Jesus walked on the earth, people who no one else accepted wanted to be Jesus' friend because they knew He was a real kind of friend.

I like that when I'm with my friends, we don't have to have some spectacular activity planned. We can just sit around together and it's not boring! (College made us really good at that.)
What is something you really appreciate about your good friends?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

pepafasdfdsdds

fuhry said...

Whoohoo! First! Yeah!

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

that's a wierd story... see who i am on the previous blog!

Anonymous said...

hmmm, lots of christians don't act nicely! we need to be less self-centered! sorry for not making edge, my name is Wes Gray! (i'm kinda new...)

Anonymous said...

friends are importan! you become like those you hang out with so pick good friends

Anonymous said...

that is really deep, jillian.

that is, like, so true in my life, too.

i have a guy best friend, and he is a goth, and he doesn't know Christ. how can i tell him about Jesus, i mean, he lives in bedford, ohio, and i'm in twinsburg.

Anonymous said...

That's cool.

I think friends are sent by God to influence us. They help us even when they don't think they are. Just being with them can make you feel better about anything.

Anonymous said...

That's cool.

I think friends are sent by God to influence us. They help us even when they don't think they are. Just being with them can make you feel better about anything.

Anonymous said...

yes, thats very true that friends are inportant and nessesary for a good life. I would also like to inform everyone that i lost friend just yesterday to a braintomur. Her name was Katherine and she was a very sick child. I am in sixth grade and i can tell you that when you lose a friend it is a very unique experience. on one hand, im very excited that shes with god but im also very sad that i wont see her for a long time. she was a person who never spoke badly about others behind thier backs and did everything she could for others no matter how sick she was. Everyone at my school (lakeview intermidiate) was very shocked at the news that she passed on and since she was in my class we missed 3 hours of classtime grieving for our loss. it was a vrey sad time and it was kind of like a mini funeral at school. everyone was crying (including me just a bit) and it was just a very sad time. i hope that no one who reads this will have to go through the time my 49 classmates and i did.

Anonymous said...

That's soooooooooooo sad Evan but I'm sure that she's much happier in heaven than she could ever be down here in this fallen world

Anonymous said...

Hey Evan
some could versesthat I think GOD you need to hear

2 Samuel 22:3
my GOD is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation HE is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-from violent men YOU save me.

Job 37:5
GOD's voice thunders in marvelous ways; HE does great things beyond our understanding.

Take refuge in the LORD
Good will come out of all things

Anonymous said...

Help me please pray for my aunt

Anonymous said...

The only thing better than a good friend, is a good friend with a bag of M&M's.

Words of wisdom!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Friends are super important to have around. My small group of gals have a close bond and talk about the more serious things to the weirdes and/or stupidest things you can think of. We can be ourselves around other christians and don't have to put on a show.

And Evan. I am very sorry to hear that! I also agree with Johnsey. Heaven is the perfect place. I can tell you right now she is very happy and wouldn't want you to be hurting...I'm not saying you shouldn't be though. I don't think i've ever lost a friend like that but, trust me I know what it is like to feel that kind of pain.

Anonymous said...

This post has been removed by the author.