Saturday, March 10, 2007

Don't quote me on this....

True confession: I love words. I feel like the right combination of words is almost magical. That's why I love to read, music with good lyrics, playing Scrabble, and hanging out in the card section at stores. It's true, sometimes I could spend over an hour looking at greeting cards. Don't judge me. And I just love when I happen upon a good quote. (Up there is a gigantic Scrabble board. Who knew?!)

So...here are some quotes that might make you think or just quietly chuckle to yourself. You can chuckle loudly if you want, but people might stare. Enjoy!

It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand. -Mark Twain

In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx


Character is what you are in the dark. -Dwight L. Moody

There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. - Morpheus in The Matrix


I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want - an adorable pancreas? -Jean Kerr




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooo, i love commenting, but First comment is even better!!

Anonymous said...

so... those were some cool quotes

Anonymous said...

oooooooooooook those were weird

Anonymous said...

i didnt get those quotes but i guess i dont get anything else in this world. lol ha jk.that is what my friends say. i dont no if that is a diss but i guess not.

anyway...

not understanding stuff rox my sox!

Anonymous said...

hey people, cheek out the old posts! they rule!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome quotes!! I like 3rd oned down and the 5th one down. The most awesomest quotes ever!!! Uhhhh...well...umm..the

6th comment rocks!! (my evil twin doesn't think so!)

Anonymous said...

the last quote is pretty awsome!

Anonymous said...

No I defenitly do not want an adorable pancrius LOL

Anonymous said...

I spelled pacreas wrong sorry

Anonymous said...

i liked the quote by Groucho Marx,

the one that says, "outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. inside of a dog, it's too dark too read."

my dad just said, "Hey! Did you hear about the dogmatic, dislexic,insomniac? He stayed up all night, wondering if there really is a dog." he also said, "that quote is true."

(a dislexic person sees switched letters. it should be God instead of dog.)

oh, by the way, todd, i will be at edge next week,and the week after that.