Saturday, December 29, 2007

Home Sweet...

home·bod·y [hohm-bod-ee] noun. a person who prefers pleasures and activities that center around the home; stay-at-home.

This week has been fantastic, mainly because I've been home so much. The older I get, the more I realize I'm a homebody. I think that might be because I'm usually too busy to be home much, so the thought of home always sounds appealing.

There's another home that I long for and it's my heavenly home. Do you know that if you know Jesus, you have a home with him that is much better than any you'll ever find here? In fact, Peter says that Christians are "strangers" or "foreigners" here on earth. When I look around and see the state of our world, I'm really thankful that this isn't all God has for me.


Remembering that my real home is with Jesus changes the way I live. I want to live in a way that pleases the Lord...after all, I'll be spending eternity with Him!


2 Corinthians 5:6-9
Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

4 comments:

Wml said...

First Comment Wee!

Anonymous said...

'08 baby!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GO '08!!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait till 08