Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Charlie Brown is right


Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, and I have to admit something. I think that the reason it started as one of my favorite times of the year was because of having school off, decortating the tree, putting lights up, getting lots of gifts, eating great stuff, sleeping in, and so on. I mean there are so many reasons why Christmas time is great, but as I have grown up, I have realized why Christmas really is such a great occasion. The reason Christmas is so great is because of Jesus Christ coming to the earth to start his mission of saving the world through his death and resurrection. All the other reasons are ok reasons to like Christmas, but they are reasons that don't last. The Christmas gifts will eventually get old and rot, the Christmas cookies will be gone, you will eventually have to go back to school, and get up early again. What else do you have to look forward to? But if we focus on Christ as our reason for celebration, we focus on the thing that lasts forever, that never fades, that never ends. I am thankful for Jesus Christ and the gospel. I am all about the gospel. If you are having trouble figuring out what Christmas is all about, ask Charlie Brown. He's got it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Comment Wee!
Hey Todd, you should introduce the high schoolers on sunday.

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! :->

Anonymous said...

one of the best Christmas movies of all time! Next to The Grinch and A Christmas Story of course!

Anonymous said...

i ♥ charlie brown xmas! that's a great show!

Anonymous said...

It is really cute!