Thursday, April 26, 2007

Has Been...

I am what you call a "has been" when it comes to playing sports. I used to be pretty good at soccer abd basketball and other sports, but I am just not as good anymore. The last basketball game I played in, I missed a lot of shots, got frustrated, dislocated my finger, and my knees really hurt the next day. I have had a lot of injuries and aches and pains in my life that have brought me to where I am today. I have really bad knees because I had 3 different knee surgeries during college for soccer injuries. Even though I am still pretty young, the aches and pains in my body remind me that my body is not eternal. It also reminded me of a verse:

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16

Always remember that your body does not last, it won't always look and feel good. What matters most is your soul. What is happening inwardly to you? How are you growing stronger in the Lord?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool story Todd!!! First comment!!!

Anonymous said...

i have the same pains 2 todd. they r not that bad though. my nees and my wrist hurt really really bad sometimes. baseball is pain. cool verse 2. ur right cuz we r only on earth 4 a blink of an eye compared 2 eterniy. so you should make sure ur enternal life really matters.

2 corinthians 4:16 rox my sox!

Anonymous said...

cool story todd that was great ill have to remember that when im 50-60 or younger and my flesh is wethering away.
hahahahahaha and i can tell that to some of my friend maybe.
Also thanks for the great verse ill have to write it down

Anonymous said...

That was awesome Todd!

I'll remember that when I'm old and gray

Anonymous said...

I dont think of Todd as old and gray.

Anonymous said...

Great post todd. I have many aches too, especilly scince i do gymnastics. Most of the time my ankles or knees hurt from landing hard all the time. I thought about that verse and it is so true. When we get old we wrinkle and kinda shrink-which is bad for me 'cause i'm already so short!-but inwardly our faith and christianity is growing. At least that's what I thought of the verse. :)

Anonymous said...

go and check the 1st post. its awesome.

Anonymous said...

arent we all todd

Anonymous said...

wow. great verse todd. i'll remember that when i'm old and gray. our body might wither away but out spirit with God will be eternal.

Anonymous said...

I will remember your post when I'm old and my body is falling apart, Todd (ew... not a good visual)