Saturday, February 24, 2007

Why you are awesome.

Last night a watched a movie with the little girl I was babysitting. It was a super cute movie. You know - best friends, the beach, the blond heartthrob, the occasional mermaid, and a catchy soundtrack. I guess I'm easily entertained. And influenced. I'm thinking of moving to Cali and working in a surf shop.

Anyways. In the movie, this girl has a pair of earrings that speak into her ear. They have adorable squeaky voices that tell her all of the good things about her. They flatter her, but with the truth. You are beautiful inside and out. You are a true friend. You glow from the inside!


I'm looking into getting myself a pair. Okay, not really, but I actually think it is so important to remember what makes us special, what our good points are. While the media and the world is always telling us how we are not good enough...be thinner, be taller, be smarter... God is telling us something different. When I feel down about who I am or feel pressured by society, I want to focus on what God thinks of me! God made you an individual and made you quite lovely. Lovely enough to die for! There are ways that we all need to change and become more like Jesus, but never forget the ways that God made each of you wonderful!

Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow first time getting first comment. now i feel special.


ps that movie seems really weird.

dr. pepsi said...

yah nick! great jod! seconed commet
drpepsidrpepsidrpepsi

fuhry said...

That sounds like one of the lessons in edge- you know, "Loving Yourself?" It came right before "Loving Others." It's a good thing to think about. Like you said, we shouldn't act proud and like we're the best in the world, but not think there's anything wrong with us. If we say that, it's like telling God he made a mistake when he made us.

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

i hate myself

Anonymous said...

Don't be so depressing, anonymous!!! Put a smile on your face!!! Like this!!! ---> :)

Anonymous said...

:)

:)

:)

:)

:)

Anonymous said...

dont say u hate yourself!!! God made u so thats already one reason to not hate yourself. thast a good enough reason for me, to actually like myself (not to make it sound like im all that!!). anyway, the reason i came on to post a commenet.......what movie did u say this is????

Anonymous said...

he didnt say

togotogotogo

Anonymous said...

im just different from everyone and don't have any friend

Anonymous said...

im awesome because god made me :-)

I LOVE GOD

Anonymous said...

That movie is a chick flick, so you GUYS naturally think it's weird. I thought ut was OK. Your right we are special because God made us. But don't get too vain.

fuhry said...

I think it's weird!

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

it's aquamarine

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...

I don't hate myself, I love myself! Jill, I like that verse you posted. It sounds so....awesome!=)