Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What did you do on your snow day?

Snow days are great days! I remember when I was a wee lad and the few times it snowed like crazy (just like today) and there was so much snow that you could make tunnels and forts in the snow, and then have massive snowball fights. We usually spent most of the time making the snow and then by the time we were done, we just went inside and drank hot chocolate! That was a glorious time for me. How many of you made snow forts, snowmen, or tunnels in the snow today? I would love to hear about them if you did. There is enough snow out there to make some pretty sweet snow forts. It was always horrible when the weather got a little warmer and the snow fort melted. You always know the fort or snowman or whatever you make is not going to last long, but you still put the time into making it really good. It's good to know that our faith will not melt away like a snow fort. Our faith will last forever. It makes me think of a verse that is very comforting for those of us who know Jesus Christ as our Savior.


Isaiah 40:7

The grass withers and the flowers fall (the snow forts melt), but the word of our God stands forever.


You should memorize that. God has give us His Word that our faith in Christ will last forever!


13 comments:

dr. pepsi said...

nothign! i dindn't have a snow day!

drpepsidrpepsidrpepsi

Anonymous said...

Absolutely nothing. I did mostly homework because I have a big project. = (

Anonymous said...

I did make a huge fort with two of my brothers. We all have our own little caves and snowball holes! I enjoyed it so much because I rarely get to have fun like that with my brothers!

fuhry said...

My brother stays inside all day flying.

fuhry said...

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

I invited my friend, Paige over(who goes to HCC). And I had a pretty awesome day...I like that verse(It makes me think of a poem!)


The 6th post! Yea!

Anonymous said...

hey todd,
we went outside yesterday and didn't last very long. we did not make a snow fort but our neighbor did. he also built a snowman with a mohak made of icicles. the snowman also had a walker.

well anyway our backyard had two feet of snow and my little brother luke couldn't wlak in it, so he was either cralling in the snow or he was on the sled, which he usually fell off of!

fuhry said...

Todd! My cousins Paul and Lia and I made four tunnels together, and we've all been through all of them. There's also a hill behind my house, and we made a giant slide through the snow. All you do is sit down, and WHIZZ! You go straight down the hill. There's a stump at the bottom, and if you don't stick your foot out to stop on it, you go into the creek.
-Becky

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

dr. pepsi, what school do you go to???

dr. pepsi said...

ha ha, that wood be saiing to much.
drpepsidrpepsidrpepsi

Anonymous said...

i did one of my favorite things ever.........PLAYED MADDEN 07!!! THATS MYFAVORITE GAME IT ROCKS!!!!! DR. PEPSI IM SORRY U DIDNT HAVE A SNOWDAY :( SNOW DAYS ROCK BUT IF OUR SCHOOL (VALLEY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY) HAS ANOTHER......WE HAVE TO MAKE UP SCHOOL IN THE SUMMER :(

dr. pepsi said...

haha! we dont have any summenr skool.
drpepsidrpepsidrpepsi

Anonymous said...

HI for the snowday i really just played outside and whe i got really cold come back in. My brother and i...but mostly my brother had made this really..and i mean REALLY..cool snow slide that comes off our deck from the picnic table...i use a circle sled and slide down...it so fun!