Thursday, February 15, 2007

coffee and the people who love it.


A lot of stores were closed yesterday morning since there was a horrible blizzard happening, but not my Starbucks. We opened at 5:30 a.m. when the rest of the world was cozy in bed, happy to have an excuse not to go outside.

I thought no one would come in for coffee. I thought we were crazy for being open. Why would anyone risk their life for a cup of coffee?

Oh, but they did. They did and they did it well. Not only did the regular customers show up, they came bearing Valentine's Day gifts! I pretended to be happy to see them, but inside I was wondering just how far a caffeine addiction will push someone.

One of our regular customers said he shoveled a quarter mile of driveway piled with feet of snow just to get out for his venti vanilla cappuccino. A twisted part of me was impressed.


What would you shovel a quarter mile of two feet high snow for?

20 comments:

dr. pepsi said...

thats weird. i dednt no u had a starbuckes.
drpepsidrpepsidrpepsi

Anonymous said...

yes!!!!!!!! second comment!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

no one ever cares about second comment, only the first comment. what's wrong with getting second comment???

Anonymous said...

foe shizle you bizalin fizzle!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you worked at Starbucks, Jill. Yes, I snagged the 5th comment!

fuhry said...

Todd, what happened to "SOW?"

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

I love snow !!!!!!! Its sooooooooo pretty ^-^!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think that is crazy! I would never go that far.........i hope.

Anonymous said...

WE got 14 inches of snow on my porch.......i measured.....XD

::>::>::>::>::>::>::>::>::>:

Anonymous said...

...............bored...................Oh, my favorite song just came on the radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOT!!!!!!!!XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD


:p

Anonymous said...

woah that is weird.
lets put it this way I blame education

fuhry said...

Todd, what HABIT are we doing the day after tomorrow?

pepsipepsipepsi

dr. pepsi said...

my mom drinks tee.

Anonymous said...

ghsfddd

Anonymous said...

starbucks is awesome!!

if u havent had it then u havent lived!

starbucks rox my sox!

Anonymous said...

my mom sais its oily.

dr. pepsi said...

IS EDGE TONIGHT???!?!??!?!??!??!??!?!
!??!?!??!?!??!!??!?!??!??!??!?!??!?!
!?!?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!
!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!@?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
!"!"!""!"!!!??!?!?!?LEKQE"!!/!!#&@#*&@#!(#
!@(*&#(!??!?!?#!#!#!!?$#?%$#?^?&?^&*?
!?@#?$?$!?$?!#$?#?#$?!$?!???@?#@?!?!?!?!
1/2/1/21/21/5?/543@#%@?%@$%?@$%?#@$?%
?!@#$%^&*()#%^%&&*#@%@$#%@#$23$
???@?#$?#@$?#?????!????????!?!??!?!?!
drpepsidrpepsidrpepsi

Anonymous said...

Hey Paige! Green is the awesomeness color in the world! Snow is too!

Anonymous said...

Hi jill and all you other cool people out there! I dunno....i think i would shovel a quarter mile of very deep snw for......hmmmmm.....lemme think...I really wouldn't know until somthing came up that i had to get out of our driveway...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.