Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One Parent to Another

One Parent to Another

As you know, February is Black History month. It got me thinking about Dr. Martin Luther King’s famous “I have a dream” speech. I read it on the internet the other day and the words stirred me again, as they have many times before. Later that same day, I was thinking about EDGE and the dream God has put in my heart for our students. It is simple and it is big.

I dream of our kids being so on fire for God that the entire church family can’t help but notice and be inspired. I dream of one day seeing hundreds of our students on their faces as a group in prayer. I dream of seeing leaders and teachers rise up out of our youth groups with a passion for God’s Word. I dream of worship so alive and full of the spirit of God that lives are forever changed. I dream of our kids having an eternal impact in the community…being a witness of the love of Jesus wherever they go…drawing in the lost and lonely of their generation. I also dream of parents coming together in support of each other, and committed to prayer. A ministry to help heal relationships between teens and parents, or help them grow even stronger.

That is my dream. That is my prayer. I am believing God for BIG things.

Here is the simple part…meet me for prayer on EDGE nights at 8:15 in the conference room. God has amazing things in store for our kids, and I don’t want to miss a bit of it.
How about you?

Carol Ann
“Maddie’s Mom”

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

first comment!!!

Anonymous said...

hudson doesn't have school today!!!

yeah conferences!!!

Anonymous said...

uggh!!!

just missed second comment!!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I just did a Black History project for Science(who did Science stuff)

The 4th comment rocks!

Anonymous said...

5th comment stinks!!





oh wait... i am the 5th comment!!

5th comments rox my sox!

Anonymous said...

The 6th comment also rocks!!!=)


Conferences rock MY sox!

I snagged the 6th comment!

fuhry said...

Let's not forget the seventh.

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

or the 8th

Anonymous said...

ummm okayyy...I've never read the I have a dream speech but i probably should, it must have been really good since it moved so many ppl. Thats a wonderful dream Maddie's mom! That would be sooo cool to see! :)

Anonymous said...

Wait, but wouldn't 8:15 be right in the middle of EDGE? or is it on Sundays?

Anonymous said...

Hello! Valerie--the 8:15 thing he said on EDGE NIGHTS!! Yea, I just felt saying that...


The 11th comment rocks!

Anonymous said...

Well then, don't have to get all mad..jk!!

Anonymous said...

Maggie Keating has six nicknames (three of which are from really wierd guys). She is unfortunately too busy to write them herself. So here they are...

1:Maggison
2: Maggie-Man (say with Jamacian accent)
3:Herman Lee
4:Obi-Wan-Kanobi
5:Moogie
6:Magwaa

Johnsey Erdmann

Anonymous said...

to maddie:
your mom is so cool to wanna do that with u! i wish that my mom did that w/ me. obtw, how's the band doing? obtw, i will be at edge next sunday! can u please bring that dmo cd that we tlkd abt in the fellowship hll on sndy? thnks. see u sndy mornin at edge.
from: bethany herchick :)
p.s. hawknelsonismyfriend!!!
drpepperdrpepperdrpepperdrpepper!!!
ihatepepsiihatepepsiihatepepsi!!!
hey, maddie, have u gone 2 youtube, typed in startrek meets monty python, and hit play. i guarantee that u will have a good laugh. obtw, have u seen muppets meet lotr? its hilarius! hope 2 see u at edge on sndy! please dont forget the cd!!!!!!