Saturday, February 03, 2007

Extreme Cuteness

Happy Saturday! Do you guys love Saturday mornings? My friend Karrin has a "Happy Saturday" dance that she does because she loves them so much. Maybe it's a little extreme, but I can appreciate that she finds joy in the little things.

Speaking of little things...do you know what else I love? Babies! My parents are foster parents now, so they're taking care of someone else's child until that person can have their child back. So, two weeks ago, a little baby boy came to live at their house. As I like to say, he is extreme cuteness. He's only a month old and so little! I instantly loved him! (That's him in the picture.)

Having this new little guy around really has me thinking. First of all, I can't believe how fast his whole face can turn completely red. Beet red. His whole face. It's amazing. Two, how can one little person be so cute? And three, serving God can be hard. My parents are serving God by taking care of this baby, but it's not easy. My mom never gets any sleep and they don't get to go out and have fun very often. But, you know, it's totally worth it! In the end, a baby will be loved and nurtured and God is pleased. There is real joy in that, even though it didn't come easily. I hope that encourages you the next time God is calling you to serve Him.

7 comments:

fuhry said...

Yeah I do! I even have a post about them on my blog:
beckyfuhry.blogspot.com

pepsipepsipepsi

fuhry said...

Uhhhh...My computer won't get the picture.

pepsipepsipepsi

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd! I agree! Babies are adorable, and it IS amazing how their lungs are so small and that they can make so much noise! lol

And also, about how serving God is about all the little things, but some big things? Well, I did some things to make God happy this morning. I helped my mom with weekly chores, and offered to help out around the house after I was done. I felt really good after I did it, and my mom sad she was proud of me. Sometimes, i think, it's all about the little things that can please God more than the big things. When you show that you care about others and take time to help them, like God did, I think he's more than proud, he's ecstatic. But it might just be me. lol ^-^

Anonymous said...

i llike satursay mornings cuz i get 2 sleep in till wenever.

Anonymous said...

u can get cow on her blog to chek it ot gys
togotogotogo

Anonymous said...

Awwwww..Jill. I totally agree also. Babies are the cutest things in the whole world. Isn't it asmazing the go from little pink bundles to sofisticated adults??

Anonymous said...

awww how cute!? I love babies...I miss my sister being a baby, she's six now! = (

Olivia Goodyear