Saturday, March 01, 2008

We're Not Worthy!

There is an old movie called "Wayne's World" based on a Saturday Night live skit. I really wouldn't recommend watching the movie because it is really pretty stupid. However, there is a part in the movie where the main characters, Wayne and Garth (Mike Myers and Dana Carvey), come into a confrontation with their favorite band (if I can remember), and they are so amazed that they are face to face with them, that they chant, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" and they bow down as if to worship these guys. I was reminded of this movie this morning when I was reading the Bible in 2 Samuel 7. God promises David that his name would be made great and his line would last forever. What a great promise! We know that the reason David's line will last forever is because Jesus Christ is actually born in the line of David. However, I love David's response to God's promise. Look at what he says:

"Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said:
"Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?"

David was a great king of Israel and look at his humility. He realized that he was not worthy of what God made him and gave him.

The greatest thing is that none of us are worthy of what God has given us, but Jesus died for us to make us worthy. It's crazy, but God has made us worthy because of Christ. So, be humbled by all that we have in Christ, but be confident that we are now worthy in Christ. It's not from anything we have done, but from everything Christ has done for us.

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

first comment

Anonymous said...

todd, that was so true. God made me worthy, and i am sooo thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ben...

Nice message, Todd!! "We aren't worthy!" Way to go!

Anonymous said...

hey why is eeevvvrrrryyooonnneee
not like me...dont anwser that but still you get the point


not worthy! nice message

Anonymous said...

I am worthy! Yay! God made me worthy and I am happy that he did! I <3 God!

Anonymous said...

I love horses! I also Love God!

Anonymous said...

HEy todd what is the earliest message you have had in the morning(time wise)

Anonymous said...

comment I mean

Todd Iannetta said...

I don't know what the earliest comment ever posted was...you could see for yourself if you go back in the archives and look at every comment that has been posted.

Sherif said...

Look at every comment that has ever been posted? Why, that could take hours. Only someone with a TON of free time on their hands, someone who prides himself on constantly being on the edge homepage, someone who have the time to just sit there hitting the enter button a couple of hundred times.

That's right, it sounds like a Job for Ben Paisley! GET ON IT BEN! :)

Just so everyone knows, I love Ben.

Anonymous said...

OK so greg tom matt and max were all there today. WHY WAS THERE NO BAND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!


is greg not part of the band anymore like gerret?

Anonymous said...

I hold the enter ey first fo all...... anyone stupid enogh to make a annoying message by pressing it over and oover would be .......

anyway this may take a lot of time so what happens if I do I want something....anye=way I am going to do a comment at 1200 amd 1 second so that will be the earliest comment........


and by the way I have free time because I do my homewor quickly..because I now most of it.....


I still want trivia of the week(tow) I can find it for you


and this is for you sherif







































































nah never mind I DONT HAVE TIME TO ANNOY YOU SORRY

nice message todd oh I mean kelly

Anonymous said...

I don't think there was band today because we watched a video. It took up the majority of our time at this Sunday's Edge. I miss the band too. I haven't heard them in a while. :(

Make sure they play next week, Todd!!

Sherif said...

Todd, you gotta watch out man, you could well have a full scale riot on your hands.

But don't worry, if there is, you know who's there to watch your back!

I mean ofcourse, Jonathon and Jill, cause this little Egyptian is definitely running for his life!

Todd Iannetta said...

hey guys. the band will be back this Sunday. There have been conflicts the last couple weeks. I miss them too. They will be back!

Peter Mougey said...

I love Wayne's World!