Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snow, snow, go away...

Hey! I'm guessing your day has been a lot like mine. And if that's true, it means you didn't go anywhere today and you were in your pajamas most of the time. In the beginning I loved it, but then I realized there's only so much reality TV that one person can watch and had to rethink my day.

I ended up doing a lot of cleaning around the house. At first, it was really satisfying to get things done, but then I started to get bitter that no one else was helping out. And that started to spoil my mood. (Obviously, this day has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster.) It's the worst when you start slipping into a rotten mood, so gave my attitude some consideration. And that's when I realized that I could do the same thing with a good or a bad heart and that would determine the value of my day. What a powerful thing our attitude is!


To make it really simple, if I clean the kitchen with the mindset that I want to serve my family and honor God with my time, the day is a success! If I clean the entire house, but have a bitter, angry mindset, I have failed and my work wasn't worth much.

Let's pray that we can have the same attitude that Jesus had, so that our lives will honor Him more and more!


So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

First comment!
My sister-in-law decided we were going to have a Jane Austen marathon today, so most of my day was spent watching romance flicks lol! But about an hour and a half of it was spent outside in the blowing snow shoveling off the two feet of snow on the driveway, by myself. I actually enjoyed it, and was able to do it MUCH faster than normal.
So, yay for a "succesful" day!

Anonymous said...

It's ok, I totally know how you feel! I stayed home and helped clean and shoveled the snow outside my door and I am exhausted. I did more than I usually do, so I am actually proud of myself today! I am very happy thinking of everything I did today!

Sherif said...

That's hilarious, my roomy and I did the same thing. We are trapped in the house, so we took the time to just clean up the house, specifically our kitchen and living room, and then sat around reading, very satisfied with ourselves :).

Anonymous said...

Jill, i love you! But i also like snow. Today was fun, i got to watch tv, play computer. i also shoveled a little...except it was hard considering the snow was up to my knees. it wasn't much differnt except that my gymnastic lesson was canceled, i didn't go anywhere, but i usually dont on Saturdays so basiclly it was the same.

Anonymous said...

I had to clean today...*gag* I don't mind it though, but it can get boring.

Anonymous said...

I got to go sleding....It took us hours to get their though

Then I got to go to some reastraunt that I had never heard of it was fun

I am sure matty was happy

Anonymous said...

I was SO bored yesterday! Two city plows and two trucks got stuck in our ditch and "that" was the highlight of my Saturday. Other than that I was so bored, I made a fire in the fire place, baked cookies, and sewed!!

Anonymous said...

i got a wii on friday so of course i waz playing that!

Anonymous said...

lucky duck u!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Like, I stared out the wondow for 2 hours, believe me,it's true! My friend had gone home from staying over at my house at about nine o' clockish and then I was REALLY bored. I asked if I could do anything to help but my mom said no. Humph!I was REALLY BORED!