Saturday, October 06, 2007

shining bright

Did you have fun at Edge last night? We talked about how we live in a world that is dark because of sin that separates us from God. When we say that the world is dark, that means it is hopeless, sad, and dead. But then Jesus came and called Himself the light of the world (John 8:12)! Jesus said that if you love Him, He will forgive the sins that separate you from God. He'll put His light inside of you, meaning you will have hope in Jesus! This is the hope that this world is not all God has for you and that heaven waits for you.

And then, something wonderful happens. Jesus says we are "the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14) if we know Him. What a beautiful thing that first Jesus says He is the light of the world and then calls us the same thing! That's because when you choose to live a life for Jesus, He puts His light (hope) inside of you.

When I was in college, my mom would always tell me to "be shiny for Jesus." What does it mean to be shiny for Jesus? It means to live in a way that shines who Jesus is. And this brings me to my main point. You can tell yourself over and over again to shine the light of Jesus, but if you don't know what Jesus was about, you're going to have a hard time! When you want to figure out how to be shiny, go back to basics. Spend your time getting to know Jesus better and the shininess will follow.

I suggest asking God to show you who Jesus really is and reading the book of John in the Bible. John will tell you how Jesus was quite extraordinary and rocked the world of the people who knew Him. I have a feeling that if you let Him, He'll rock your world, too, and you'll find yourself super shiny.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

todd
last night u did really good
i learned a lot
ive always wanted 2 really go out and tell others about Jesus but ive never really had the guts
u really inspired me 2 go out and tell everybody the good news
thanx todd

Anonymous said...

o i forgot something...singing marvelous light was awesome
everybody really sang their heart out and i think it meant a lot 2 everyone

Anonymous said...

I agree that was nothing short of indescribably awesome!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

I wasn't there!!!! Noooo!....buuut i was in this cool limo with 20 other friends! :) I am definitly going to the next EDGE though!

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody!! Ok this is REALLY cool...go to www.GodTube.com and for videos type in Who am I? Click on a picture with glowing blue things (hands) and watch the video...it's really cool!

Anonymous said...

ok..I'm sorry I lied..well not really, but when you just type in who am i? you get nothing so type in "who Am I? Glowing Hands." It's really cool...click on th e 1st one that says "yours" in blue. ok im done now.

Anonymous said...

i sang my heart out in you never let go. i can totally relate to it!! at doe river we sang that and i remember that night was when i made the desicion to accept god into my heart. that song means soo much to me. in fact i'm singing it right now!! Oh No You Never Let Go... the few words that mean so much to me!!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Hayley, and in a way almost poetic :-}

Anonymous said...

johnsey all of my comments sound poetic to you
haha it's alright!!

Anonymous said...

i know i have issues

Anonymous said...

thats ╔╗╔═╦╗ johnsey
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝

~arf arf arf~

Anonymous said...

it didnt work. let me try again...


thats

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝ johnsey


~arf arf arf~

Anonymous said...

yaaaa!!!!
it worked

~arf arf arf~

Anonymous said...

lol adam! hilarious

Anonymous said...

im confused but ok

Anonymous said...

oh! i get it now ok ha ha ha sorry im tired and slow right now

Anonymous said...

bcxrwgfuo5t4bgp....im feeling really random right now...LOL

Anonymous said...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey You guys might not remeber me because i like, havn't been commenting in FOREVER because our computer has been busted like, FOREVER! But Here i am! I am the special anonymous with the border......do ya like it???

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>