Friday, October 12, 2007

Go Tribe!


Tonight is game 1 of the American League Championship Series and I don't know about anyone else, but I am pumped for it. It's a good thing there is no edge tonight so everyone can stay home and watch the game. Baseball is such a unique sport because it can be very slow sometimes, but also very exciting at other times. It's not a game with nonstop action, and it actually gets slow sometimes and takes an incredible amount of patience. It takes patience as a batter to look for the right pitch and takes patience as a pitcher to focus on making the right pitch. I think that is why baseball players are so talented. Baseball takes an incredible amount of patience and focus. So does the life of a Christ follower. I am someone who isn't always patient and I am sure there are some reading this that also lack patience. Whenever I want to get better at patience, I think about Jesus Christ and the cross. I think about the patience He had to endure the cross because He knew that it would save the world. When I think of it that way, it motivates me to have patience through everything. The ultimate patience is knowing that one day because of our faith in Christ, we will be in heaven with Christ for eternity. What an amazing thing so BE PATIENT my friends. So when you watch the Indians tonight or any night, remember the patience of the players and work on it yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Game 1: Lost
Game 2: Won!

Now that we're coming home after splitting at Fenway, we've got an awesome chance of winning! All we can do is hope for now. GO TRIBE!

Anonymous said...

GO TRIBE!
were doing really good

Anonymous said...

the indians are doing awesome

im not a very patient person either
my mom always says that i need to be more patient but its really hard for me
i totally understand how it feels

GO TRIBE!!!

Anonymous said...

GO TRIBE!!