Saturday, October 27, 2007

I proudly brewed Starbucks coffee.

Today I was in a restaurant with my mom, waiting to be seated. Everything was busy and rushed and crowded and everyone working there seemed a little sweaty. I looked to my right and there was a sign that said, "We proudly brew Starbucks coffee." And I thought, "I'm so thankful I don't work at Starbucks anymore." And then I thought of how many times I've thought that exact thing...every time I'm in a Starbucks, a busy restaurant, or when I see someone in a green apron. : )

I'm so thankful that my days as a Barista are over for a number of reasons and I won't bore you with the lengthy list of complaints and tales of spilt coffee. But I will say one thing, I'm so thankful to have something I can always be thankful for...I'm always thankful that I don't work at Starbucks anymore! It's different than always being thankful for your family, friends, or shelter. I've never experienced the opposite, like no family or no shelter. So there is this extra surge of gratefulness when I think of where I used to work and where I work now.

Is there something you can just think of and feel relief and thankfulness about? I bet there is! You should figure out what that is and then embrace it. I love being able to pull my Starbucks thanks out of my hat at any time. It's a good feeling!

Oh, and do you know the most important part? You're supposed to thank God for it! Remember what James says in the Bible...that all good and perfect gifts come from God.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool... I never thought of it that way :-D

Anonymous said...

wow! i guess that's all i can say about that....

Anonymous said...

cool, that message was cool but what's wrong with starbucks?

Anonymous said...

i luv starbucks!

Anonymous said...

i luv starbucks!