Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth


Jillian and I just got back from our vacation in Florida with my family, and one of the days, we spent at Disney's Magic Kingdom. They call it the happiest place on earth. It was a wonderful day and we spent time riding rides, watching shows, eating lunch with Winnie the Pooh and frolicking around singing zippity doo da. Ok, everything but the last part. We were with my niece and nephew and they were loving disney world, but by the end of the day, they were tired, crying, complaining, and very irritable. By the end of our day at the happiest place on earth, we had the unhappiest kids on earth. It made me think of the difference between joy and happiness. The truth is happiness only lasts for a little while. Joy is a complete satisfaction. Happiness leaves us wanting more. Joy doesn't leave us thirsting for anything else. Of course, the question is what is the source of your joy or happiness? Is it something of this world like disney world or video games or food. If it is, you will never experience true joy. A complete joy comes from knowing Jesus Christ and resting in his promises with the security of knowing you are his forever. That is joy.

It's good to be home and I will see all of you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o my gosh we might be goin on a vacation there in 2 years because im a harry potter nut and there opening a new harry potter theme park with all the shops and even the castle and my favorite place the joke shop huneyduges

Anonymous said...

my parents told me that we r going there summer of 2008 when they get a week off work!