Friday, August 31, 2007

Autumnal Bliss

I know that Fall hasn't truly arrived, but don't you sense that most enchanting time of year hanging all around you? The air feels crisp and light as the summer months gracefully slip away and my arms tingle at the thought of pulling on a fall sweater. The leaves wait impatiently to show their true shades, have us a marvel for a few cherished moments, and then drift to the ground to be gleefully and purposefully crunched underfoot.

Too dramatic? Maybe! But that's the autumnal bliss that I can't shake!

Much of life is spent looking forward to something. Right now I'm looking forward to Fall and it changes the way I go about my day. I'm happier because I am excited for what is to come and instead of planning for hot, summer days, I plan for cool days and all that comes with them. Or, fast forward to December. Then you'll be looking forward to winter break. You might find that you have some extra motivation at school because you have a vacation ahead.

Our entire life should be looking forward to one thing, though, and that's eternity with Jesus! If you are constantly thinking about Christ and what comes after this life, it will radically change each day. That would make some things - like what clothes you wear or what restaurant you eat at - unimportant and other things - like being obedient to Christ and loving people - more important. It's basically a matter of asking yourself what matters in the long run....what matters to Jesus.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4: 18

What is your favorite part of Autumn?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay first comment!
I LOVE Sweaters! I ususlly don't wear them in the summer, but I take every chance I get to wear them.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of autumn is my birthday and Halloween, to be honest. But I also like the weather; it's not too cold and not too warm.