Tuesday, October 07, 2008

So many books...


Can i admit something to you?

I love to read - love it. the only thing I like better than finishing a good book is starting a new one.

but that hasn't always been the case.

when I was in school hardly ever read for fun, or at all, and if I did read a book it was something goofy I had to read for school, which I inevitably hated. So that got me thinking about you guys... I bet you've had to read some pretty goofy (as in, lame!) books for school, so let's hear them!

What's the goofiest book you've ever had to read for school?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

well... last year my mom had me read a couple books that i thought were really stupid, but i ended up LOVING them.
they were.. the Penderwicks and Kira-Kira.

Pednerwicks is about 3 girls going to some place for a summer, and meet a bunch of new people, and they end up not wanting to leave at the end of the summer. They have a second book out now and i can't wait to read it!

kira-Kira was about two sisters that were japanese(i think), and the one ends up dying, but it was a really good book. :)

Anonymous said...

this year i have like the worst reading list so on top of not liking to read at all i have to read mediocre books and i just finished reading the witch at blackbird pond which was terrible!!

Anonymous said...

I read that book too! IT WAS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I didn't understand ANY of it

Anonymous said...

I had to read Tom Sawyer last year, which was by far the worst book I've ever read. :\

Anonymous said...

THIS YEAR I HAVE TO READ THE CHINESE CINDERELLA.

IN SCIENCE CLASS

ITS GOING TO BE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The worst book I have ever read is called something like mount vesuvius and I didn't understand any of it.

Anonymous said...

i actually kind of liked chinese cinderella. it's pretty sad, but it's not something you get bored of.

Anonymous said...

I always thought reading TIME for kids magasines in first grade every week was dumb

Anonymous said...

This year we had to read A light in the Forest, omgsh never read it. It's SOOOOOOO boring and sad, they actually scalp people! Eww