Sunday, November 18, 2007

winter splinter

I need you to cheer me up. Why so glum, you say? Because it's winter. And I despise winter.

I know it's a bit dramatic to say I despise winter, but it's the cold, hard truth. I don't like bundling up in coats and mittens or stuffing my feet into heavy boots. I don't like feeling cold deep into my bones. And I miss the sun and long hours of daylight. Oh, how I miss the sun.

There are actually way more reasons than that for my icy loathing, but I don't want to bring you down with me.

So, tell me, why should I be happy about winter? Give me one good reason! No, give me as many as you can. Just think...your reasons could snowball and turn my frigid heart warm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, there's:
-Christmas
-Fires
-Hot chocolate
(I can't think of anymore. Sorry. I feel the same way as you.)

Anonymous said...

Cozy evenings indoors, hopefuly in front of a fire. The holidays. Snowball fights and snowmen. Looking forward to spring.

Anonymous said...

Well... there's sledding and snow skiing and... wait I'm thinking... I got nothin, sorry

Anonymous said...

LOL Jill..i love u!!! Umm......well for me there are

-snow days...buut...you don't go to school NE more so that deon't count.

-I like the feeling you get when you get into you warm home and out of the cold.

-Playing in the snow

-Hot choc. of course

-Ski/Splash weekend! Skiing rox!

-Sledding

-Warm fires

-CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Going to starbucks on a cold day with friends drink coffe/hot chocolate and talking forever.

-Looking out the window and seeing every crisp, clean and white

-The excitment of the first snow

-Totally cute scarfs, hats, and jackets

Ok......yep, I'm done. I oviously like winter...LOL See ya!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY hate winter. I love the fall but feel like we've skipped fall this year.

Theres...

- skating (but that makes me cold)
- sledding (but that makes me cold)
- Christmas
- hot chocolate
- coming inside your house after being outside and cold
aaaannnndddd....
- two weeks of (cold) hliday break

winter is NOT AT ALL my favorite but winter is not an all bad season.

Anonymous said...

winter for me is when i really connect with god. after all jesus was born in winter, so what's not to love?!?!

Anonymous said...

Hayley RU going on ski/splash weekend?????? u'd better...LOL