Saturday, November 03, 2007

hooray for Jesus!

I know that last week I wrote about being thankful, but if you'll indulge me, I'm going to write about something else that has me gushing with gratitude.

You may or may not be aware of this yet, but life is intense. We humans have a lot to go through. This has been on my mind for a long time now - years - and recently I haven't been able to get away from the intensity. People in my life are dying, dead, having babies, pregnant, being ripped from their families, getting married, getting divorced, going to jail, and coming home from jail. I'm serious. This is life and I see beauty and sadness all around me all the time. And it's intense.

But what do you do with all of this, especially when it seems too much to bear? You turn to Jesus. If that sounds too cliche, you'd better get over it, because it's the only answer. The truth is that on your own, you are not strong enough to face all that life will throw at you. But Jesus is strong enough and He promises to fill you with all you need while you're here on earth. He can give you joy! And that is why I want to know Him so badly.

I also rest in the truth that God has a plan to bring justice to the earth one day. For the people who have trusted in Him, He has a perfect eternity waiting. It's one of the biggest things in my spiritual life...this waiting for the day that we will live in complete peace with Jesus. And I'm really thankful for that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you're right about the whole post! :-)

Anonymous said...

jill, you're posts are amazing!!! they always have awesome messages to them and usually help me later on in life!!! keep it up jill!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Wes and Hayley your posts are really deep. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah really deep!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.