Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Pancake Days...


Don't forget about this Sunday morning at Edge! We will be having our annual pancake breakfast. We will be stuffing our faces with pancakes, sausage, hash browns, and more so make sure you don't eat breakfast that morning to save space for food. It will be a great time! Speaking of Pancakes, I was thinking about pancakes and how I really don't like them by themselves (if you do, you're strange). I have to have some butter and syrup on my pancakes in order to really enjoy them, and I am one of those guys who soaks the pancakes with syrup. I don't want any part of the pancake exposed. I was thinking about how that is kind of like my life. When I wake up in the morning and spend some good time with God in His Word and in prayer, my day is always better. It's like covering yourself with Christ before the day starts. It makes the day so much more fulfilling. You see God more clearly, you treat others more like Christ, you have more peace, more comfort, and more love. So my challenge is to see your day like a pancake, and don't start your day without covering yourself in the syrup of Jesus Christ. Open the Word of God, take it in, go to the Lord in prayer with your concerns and questions, and start your day that way. I bet your day will be so much more fulfilling. Try it and in the mean time, get yourself ready for Pancakes on Sunday.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i never thought that talking about pancakes could end up being an actual important conversation

u said that in a good way todd.thanx

Anonymous said...

Interesting analogy, Todd. Interesting, but very meaningful. As strange as it may sound I never actually sat down and contemplated the philosophical meaning of a pancake, Good Post!

Anonymous said...

too... many... big... words... JOHNSEY!!! here's what i thought ur comment meant.... i never took the time to stare at my pancakes. yeahh soo wow. k nevermind

Anonymous said...

well then, i guess i'm strange.
i hate pancakes with syrup.
=p

Anonymous said...

Ha ha hayley that's funny. Although I'll have to agree with you: "contemplate" is a pretty scary word :-{) lol

Anonymous said...

eww i don't really like syrup... unless its the good kind :]

Anonymous said...

I love how you incorporated pancakes into a post, other than an announcement, hahah. Nice job, Todd. I, personally, don't eat pancakes too often, but when I do, I have to have plenty of syrup on them, or else it just tastes plain old gross.

Can't wait for Sunday!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I cannot BELIEVE it!!! I was just all excited for Edge Sunday...then I realize I have to go to a wedding this weekend....so I'll miss Edge AGAIN!!!! URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG
I cannot believe it....I can't remember the last time I could attend Edge... My life has been soooo busy lately!!!

Anonymous said...

haha you guys should try to roll up your pancakes then pour then syrup in ;] hmmmm tastyy, cant wait!

Anonymous said...

mmm yummy.. hope it's the good kind of syrup!!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm pancakes, just the word makes me hungry for them. every saturday morning my mom makes me and my little sister cholate chip pancakes. oooooo man those are good. syrup is amazing, i agree Todd, anyone who eats them plain is a little off. amyway, chocolate chips in panckes is amazing. thats the highlite of my weekend every week. i love pancakes. my friend's dad makes them homemade. vanilla is the secret recipe he says. ooops. shouldnt have said that. my favorite part of sleeping over my friends house is his dads pancakes in the morning. but the greatest combo of all time is eating chocolate chip panckes and watching SportsCenter a beautiful combination!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah.. sure.. what aaron said!