Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday Shmaturday

How was your Saturday? I hope it was restful and not too much of a letdown after such a fantastic Friday Edge. : )

Today I slept in and then this afternoon I slept some more! I love sleeping so much that it's hard to put words to it. Is anybody with me? I think one of the reasons I enjoy sleep so much is that I don't get enough of it normally. And when I go too long without enough sleep, I become stressed and, honestly, a little mean.

But do you know what I need even more than sleep everyday? The Word of God - the Bible. The Bible is to my soul what sleep is to my body. It is completely necessary and keeps me going. If you have a relationship with Jesus, but don't read the Bible, which is God's message to you, you will become spiritually stressed (and maybe a little mean!) That's because God uses the Bible to speak to you and show you what He wants from your life. So get some of it...everyday! Whether it's a Bible study, reading, or good teaching, make it a commitment to get your daily dose of Scripture. You might start to love it as much as I love sleep. And that would be something.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

right on!

Anonymous said...

o and by the way whats the song on the latenight video (i wont it on my ipod)?

Anonymous said...

I like sleeping, too. I have dreams about taking naps. :-} jk

Anonymous said...

I love to sleep. It's one of my favorite times of the day (other than dinnertime). Great message, Jillian! Your ending sentence was funny.

Anonymous said...

guys i found a good video on youtube. type in the search box "nicole nordman why passion of the christ" and watch the video. i bawled when i saw it. plus it has clips of the passion, but it has a great message to it, about why Jesus died for us. that's all..

Anonymous said...

KKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

~arf arf arf~

Anonymous said...

darn! the comment was supposed to say kitty! i guess it got cut off!

KKKKKKKIIIIIITTTTTTTTTYYYYY!

~arf arf arf~

ha ha. this time i previewed it. now nothing can go wrong!

~arf arf arf~