Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vintage Blogging

Hey, Guys! This Saturday I decided to bring back a post from a year a half ago! The only thing not vintage about this post is that I updated the picture of the baby...he's not a newborn anymore!

Happy Saturday! Do you guys love Saturday mornings? My friend Karrin has a "Happy Saturday" dance that she does because she loves them so much. Maybe it's a little extreme, but I can appreciate that she finds joy in the little things.

Speaking of little things...do you know what else I love? Babies! My parents are foster parents now, so they're taking care of someone else's child until that person can have their child back. So, two weeks ago, a little baby boy came to live at their house. As I like to say, he is extreme cuteness. He's only a month old and so little! I instantly loved him! (That's him in the picture.)

Having this new little guy around really has me thinking. First of all, I can't believe how fast his whole face can turn completely red. Beet red. His whole face. It's amazing. Two, how can one little person be so cute? And three, serving God can be hard. My parents are serving God by taking care of this baby, but it's not easy. My mom never gets any sleep and they don't get to go out and have fun very often. But, you know, it's totally worth it! In the end, a baby will be loved and nurtured and God is pleased. There is real joy in that, even though it didn't come easily. I hope that encourages you the next time God is calling you to serve Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww.. he's so cute! I bet your parents work really hard to keep everyone in your house happy.

Anonymous said...

hahaah "so cute'

i found baloontower defense two hahahahaha