Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Brave, or Stupid?

I did something last night that I had been wanting to do for the past couple of monthes.

Well, kind of wanting to do. Have you ever wanted to do something in your mind, but you find yourself dragging your heels everytime you step up to do it? Perhaps some big project that you know you have to get done for school, and while you want it to be done, you don't really want to DO it.

Well, that's how it was with me. This is something that I wanted to do. Unfortunately it was a permanent change that I couldn't really undo, and I feared that once done, I wouldn't like it. So it took me like two whole monthes to finally work up the courage to do it. But, it's done. And, to be honest, so far I'm plelased with the changes!

God has stuff for us like that all the time. Stuff that we KNOW we ought to do, for our own good, but the devil gets in there, and makes us lazy or scared, so we end up NOT doing it, even though we know that this is something that, once done, will be great for us.

Today, I encourage you to not be afraid to take a leap of faith if one presents itself. If you have an opportunity today to take a chance, to risk it, but find yourself dragging your heels, even though you KNOW that the end result will be great for you, pull a Nike. Just Do It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really good post. And i liked how you sad it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Sherif! I like how you explained it too.

Haha "plelased" :D

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about it.. and you got your hair cut didn't you!?

Anonymous said...

Wow. You know, I've had that exact same feeling. It's kind of like the feeling where you think about doing something, whether it's getting up, going outside, or doing something else, but the farthest you ever get is thinking about it. It's amazing how everything can relate to God though. But we've got to learn how to fight off that feeling. I mean, really, if we all sat around and thought about being a witness to others for God, but we never actually did it, where would that leave us, and more importantly, people who don't know God? So if this comment didn't even help at all, I'd at least tell y'all to remember one thing. Just do it.

Anonymous said...

great post sherif. (`.")