Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summertime is Melting!

I love Summer. Just Love it. And one of my favorite things about summer is Ice Cream. Just fantastic stuff. I don't know who came up with it, but they seriously deserve some sort of award.

The thing about Ice Cream is, you really gotta get on with eating it. If you wait, it's gonna begin melting. And if you're eating in a cone (and if you're not, I really gotta ask, WHY NOT???), it's gonna drip all over you, which means less Ice Cream to eat. Which is Sad. There is a narrow window of opportunity with Ice Cream. If you don't get it to a manageable height before it begins melting, you are going to lose Ice Cream.

Life is like that sometimes. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us, but we only have a specific window to get it done, and afterwards, it's not as good. All Summer long I've been trying to encourage you to really get out there and enjoy yourselves. Well, we're almost there guys. School starts (gulp) in a month. The Ice Cream that is Summer Vacation is Melting! It hasn't begun running yet, but the signs are all pointing to dirty, sticky hands.

However, it is not too late to get out there and make a difference this summer. Make sure you spend time with your family, with your siblings, with your friends. Read a book you enjoy, go out with a camera and a roll of film and just shoot some pictures. Grab a group of friends and have a sleep over or play a good game of tackle football.

Sure, you can do all these things during the school year, but you know what, it isn't as good. This is the time. So, get on to doing things. Today. Now. Stop Reading And Go!

And don't forget, we have Cedar point in about a month too. Man, that's gonna be so Awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was with my cousins so I haven't posted for a while
first comment

Anonymous said...

awesome i'm gonna remember that next time i eat ice-cream! lol

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they let us take ice cream on the rides!

Anonymous said...

I love summer and ice cream!
I've never thought of my life as ice cream... but you made a very good point Sherif! My summer has been going by so fast it doesn't even really feel like it's summer, because I haven't done many things like I have in the past years.

I can NOT wait for cedar point!! It's gonna be so much fun!!