Saturday, July 12, 2008

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18

I
love Romans 12! It offers so much practical instruction for our lives. When I don't know where to turn in my Bible, Romans 12 is a chapter that I often go to. It brings me back to the basics in many ways and reminds how I'm meant to live. You should read it today.

The verse that I put at the top is an important one that I think we often forget. God says that we are live at peace with everyone as much as we can help it. Is there anyone you need to make peace with? Do you need to call someone up and apologize to them or someone that you need to forgive?

It's not an easy task to put away our pride, apologize, and forgive. But, it is a rewarding thing. I think when you have peace with others, you can find inner peace more readily. God's Word and commands aren't because God likes rules and wants to make life hard. His commands are truly the best thing for us and there is great blessing in following them...and the call to resolve conflict is included in that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm doing this from my wii. whoohoo!! isn't technology sweet?!?

Anonymous said...

Wow thats really interesting Jillian!

Anonymous said...

cool
peace :)

Todd Iannetta said...

hey everyone, I am on vacation in North Carolina and having a great time, but I wanted to let you all know that I prayed for you this morning. While you are in edge, I am at the beach.

Have a great day!
Todd