Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Land of Imagination

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory..." Ephesians 3:20-21a

God can do immeasurably more than you can imagine. Did you ever think of that? When I absorb that truth, it is pretty powerful. This should change a lot about the way we live, but one thing I immediately think of is how we pray.

If God can do immeasurably more than you could even ask for, then you should be bold in your prayers. For example, think of the person you could never imagine living for Jesus, and then in faith ask God for their salvation. Or, think of the person you know who has advanced cancer and ask for their complete healing, knowing that God can do anything. I realize that those prayers aren't always answered the way we hope, but I do think it's important to pray knowing that God is capable of anything and hears our prayers.

The topic of praying is complicated, but talking with God doesn't have to be. Go to Him today, thank Him for being able to do anything, and pray for faith to believe that He can.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Score , first comment again That is two times in a row

Hey, did you know that God can do anything. Think of the most amazing thing. God made Heavon even BETTER. What is your dream of heavon. It WILL be better then that
It will be awsome



I can't wait to ski splash weekend.
Hey is anyone else going. If so, did you go last year. Hope to see u there.



I can't wait until small group.

Anonymous said...

Edge was good.
I was so excited to get back to worship time. I missed singing so much. I am also excited to start the new lesson. Mirror Mirror was good and I am looking forward to the next lesson. This Friday was special Todd. I am sure that a lot of people found God that Friday using every thing that you gave us to think about the greatest story ever told.
Thanks Todd.

Anonymous said...

Nick-pie
Katie-sports
Adam-swimming
Emily-color orange
Heather-basketball
Alex-basketball
Andrew-collecting rocks
Alyssa-volleyball
Zac-guitarhero3
Molly-monkeys

Anonymous said...

Edge was good.
I was so excited to get back to worship time. I missed singing so much. I am also excited to start the new lesson. Mirror Mirror was good and I am looking forward to the next lesson. This Friday was special Todd. I am sure that a lot of people found God that Friday using every thing that you gave us to think about the greatest story ever told.
Thanks Todd.
(sorry forgot to put my name)

Anonymous said...

Hi todd

Anonymous said...

Hello Todd,
My first time going to Edge was at the last Edge Games and i had alot of fun. So i came back to regular Edge with some of my other friends that go there. I really enjoyed the singing, the band sounded great. I even got up with some of my friends during the last song and danced! I also liked the games while we were waiting for the pizza. The team that i was on (7th grade girls) tied for the win. I also thought that it was cool that we got to sing a big papper thanking Jesus for everything he did! You did a great job telling us the last part of the greatest story ever told. I thought it was funny how you used a little toy guy and made that wall out of little kid blocks. You can bet that i will be there at the next Edge!
♥Thank you♥