Wednesday, November 08, 2006

One Parent to Another

There comes a time for all of us parents when we realize that our kids are growing up. If you are anything like me, that realization hit you upside the head when you were least prepared for it. One day you have this sweet little chubby cheeked angel with a kool-aid smile and sticky fingers. Then the next day you have this gangling, moody, prickly teenager. You begin to wonder where the pod could be, and what could have happened to your little angel. For surely this is not the same child.

It is at times like this when every parent needs backup!

I have been blessed with a few wonderful friends who help me when the going gets rough. They are women here at HCC who have taken the risk to be real with me. They have shared openly their experiences, struggles, and mistakes without caring about how they may come off in the story. They have reassured me that “this too shall pass”. They have prayed and laughed with me. They showed me I was not alone.

I pray that as parents of EDGE kids we will come together in unity and support not only for the kids and the ministry, but for each other too. Please join me in that prayer and take the risk to be real.


Carol Ann Utrup
a.k.a. Maddie’s Mom

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW THAT I'M JUST A KID, BUT WITH BEING A KID AND KNOWING OLDER KIDS GO FROM BEING VERY APROPRIATE TOWARD OTHER PEOPLE TO BEING AN OLDER TEEN, AND SEEING THEIR PARENTS LOOKS ON THEIR FACES LIKE, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SWEET LITTLE BOY OR MY SWEET LITTLE GIRL. I WANDER WHAT MY KIDS WIL BE LIKE WHEN I GROW UP IF I HAVE KIDS?

Anonymous said...

kelly... i am another kid and i have absolutly no clue what the heck you just said=(

Todd Iannetta said...

Kelly,
I am glad you looked at this and wondered how it will all work when you are parent. Good thoughts!
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hey haley nice outlook but the question is not how your children will act its if you will have kids?!! har har har (no offense just something to think about)!! har har har!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry i meant kelly not haley, my bad!!

Anonymous said...

dsl;faj

Anonymous said...

Who's anonymous and what does "dsl;faj" mean???

Anonymous said...

NONE OF U R PARENTS!

Anonymous said...

Becky,

I don't think dsl;faj means anything

Anonymous said...

Are u the anonymous who wrote "dsl;faj"?

Anonymous said...

No im not becky

Anonymous said...

zup