Sunday, November 12, 2006

Moment of Truth


Hi, Guys! This is my first post here and I'm actually kind of nervous. I just really want you to like it more than you like all of Todd's. (Just kidding.) Like right now, I'm afraid you'll think that last comment wasn't funny. But please, no courtesy laughs.
<---These are my initials branded into a piece of meat. Someday when you're big maybe your initials will get branded into a piece of meat, too.

New topic: Have you noticed that in our 24/7 DVD series they say Jesus-follower instead of Christian? It's fine to say Christian, but I like Jesus-follower because it reminds me what life is all about. This is what I mean: In my life, the times when I have focused on "being a better friend" or "helping more people," I end up exhausted and frustrated. But when I focus on following Jesus and knowing Him more, being a better friend happens automatically. When Jesus is my focus, I become the person I want to be without even realizing it! That's why I like saying Jesus-follower. It reminds me that my job is to follow Jesus. Then He takes care of the rest.

That's all for now! Later I'll post something dumb so you don't think I'm too serious. : )

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jillian! it's a great post. What's with the meat? I really liked your comment about Todd.;)

Todd Iannetta said...

Great post, Jill. The colors are a nice added touch. I wish my name was branded into a piece of meat. What you said was very true though. As soon as we take the focus from ourselves to following Jesus, we change without even knowing it. I like it.

Anonymous said...

The meat was really... weird. I've never though about what it would be like to have my initials in one. :) I never noticed how they said Jesus-follower instead of Christian.

Anonymous said...

I like how you put your initials on the meat! Its kind of creepy,but i like it! i am a jesus-follower 100%!!!!!!!! Nice comment on Todd.

Anonymous said...

hey the meat was cool

Anonymous said...

two things: I like the meat, and where is the next comment of the week?

Anonymous said...

yip

Anonymous said...

yap

Anonymous said...

yup

Anonymous said...

OK Jill....Meat....lol....thats great..Hey do you notice that i was with you like...all weekend? it was pertty great....and about being a jesus fallower...."True as the Deep Blue Jill, True as the Deep Blue"

Jonathan Claytor said...

jillian,

great post, but i'm glad you're going to post something dumb soon because, quite frankly, nothing says "too serious" like initials branded in meat.

PS: new game: what does the "L" in JLS stand for?

my prediction: Laserbeam

Anonymous said...

hey jill,
that meat looks soooo good!! i want to have my initials branded into a piece of meat lol i liked the comment about todd!! :)

Joy said...

Jillian -- Nice post! Love the seriousness -- everyone's a "Christian" in this country. Few feel comfortable saying the name Jesus, let alone admitting to following Him.

I'm "big" and don't have my own meat brander. I'm thinking Christmas gift idea...

Jonathan -- my guess on the middle name? Lynnette

alisonfeke said...

Hey Jillian! I liked you comment on the meat and how you branded it in the meat! Nice comment on Todd. Like what my sister said...I never noticed either! And is you middle name, Lynn?

Anonymous said...

did you know my first and last initials are p.s.
hey alison i just read another of you comments.

Todd Iannetta said...

my middle name prediction: Linus

Anonymous said...

Wait todd,

dont u know her middle name???

Anonymous said...

nice

Jillian Stouffer said...

Joy wins! My middle name is Lynette, but Laserbeam was a pretty good guess.

Anonymous said...

so i guess ur midlle name isnt Larry then,

o well i was close right?