Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Peace is a Promise

I think that one of the most delightful things in the Christian life is realizing that God makes us promises in the Bible that we can put our trust in. I love discovering a promise in Scripture and claiming it as my own. Like that God will take your pain and use it for good if you trust in Him or that you can't escape God's presence and that Jesus never changes. Dwelling on these things is like rushing inside during a stormy day, wrapping yourself in a warm blanket, and watching the wind from a spot near the fireplace. Peaceful and protected.

Philippians 4:6-7 has a promise that I rely on a lot. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Do you see it? When you're worried, take it to God in prayer and He will give you peace that you can't even understand! Sometimes it can be hard because we might not believe God can give us that peace or we don't trust Him to take care of our worries. But when we really believe His Word is true and we faithfully come to Him, we get peace. Jesus is good!

Has God ever given you peace that goes beyond understanding in a hard time? Thank Him for it!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying not to cry when I read this. I am home alone right now and I always get jumpy and shaky because I get so nervous that someone is going to break in. When I read this I was given peace and I felt imediatly at ease. GOD is amazing. I just had to ask for GOD's peace and HE gave it to me.

John 14:27
Peace I do not leave with you; my peace I give you.Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Anonymous said...

Johnsey-
We have so much in common! I am so freaked out about that stuff! But I have a poster in my room that talks about how God will watch over us even in the worst of times. Great post!

Anonymous said...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi People, I've been on vacation so I havn't been commenting...and boy am i tan now!!!!! Well anyway it is scary when you are home alone, that is so cool you guys.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Anonymous said...

Johnsey- I like that verse from John 14:27. I feel so not afraid when I read it! it is kind a scary home alone....

4th comment!