Saturday, July 07, 2007

I'm leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again....

Actually, I'm leaving on a bus and, if all goes as planned, I'll be back next Friday. But it's still a good song.

Early tomorrow morning, 71 of us from Edge are going to Doe River Gorge, an awesome camp in the mountains of Tennessee. Pray that we have safe travel and make the most of our time there. I trust that God will use it to teach us something more about Him.
Even though I know I love Doe River and I'm excited to go, I'm a little sad, too. My brother is back for a few days from the camp he's working in Wisconsin, so I'm sad to miss most of his visit. Also, I'll miss my little foster brother....oh, and the rest of my family, too. : )

My point in mentioning these small bummers is to note something lovely about this Jesus we serve!

In the past seven years, I've been away from my family a lot. And the people in my life have moved around a lot. In the play of my life, there haven't been too many consistent characters. Know what I mean? But God has been my one constant, the one thing that doesn't change even when my friends, location, or job does. God's presence in my life is the same and He is the same! It's super comforting to know that His love for me and His grasp on my life remains. There's a lot of strength in that. So when I think of leaving my family, or something else familiar even for a week, I remember that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Actually, that's in the Bible...
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

doe river gorge rocks wish i could be there. have a blst people

Anonymous said...

Some things in my life are changing. I'll have to remember that verse.

HAVE FUN AT DOE RIVER GORGE! :-P

Anonymous said...

hope you all have a safe and fun trip

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A HUMUNGOUS SOOT CASE AND DONT NO IF IM SUPOSED TO!
am i???????????
sined,
whatever

Anonymous said...

is my soot case soposed to be gigantonormus?
sined,
whatever

Anonymous said...

is that a word gigantonormus?????

Anonymous said...

My favorite word: indefatigable, meaning untiring or on-going

It's so much fun to say :-p

Anonymous said...

hi there peepholes

Anonymous said...

...interesting...