Thursday, December 04, 2008

Edge Recap


I had a great time with all of you last night. I hope you are as pumped as I am about helping build a house for a family in India. This is going to be great. Don't forget to tell your parents about if you haven't already. We really need everyone involved in order to make this happen. If you missed last night and still want to be a part of the joy of helping someone, please read this email I sent the parents this morning. I copied it below...

"Last night at Edge, I set a challenge for students (you may or may not have heard about yet). I talked about how celebrating Christmas is celebrating the one who was born in humility, lived in humility, and died in humility for all of us. I talked about how his life was all about us. So in celebrating his life, we should make our lives all about others during Christmas. So we came up with a tangible way of doing just that.

I found out that through the Indian Gospel League, it costs $3,500 to build a house for a family in India. I challenged students to forfeit one Christmas gift worth $25 from you (their parent or grandparent) and ask you to give that money towards building a house for a family in India. If 140 of them decided this is what they wanted to do, then we would have our money for the house. This could be such a great thing, but there are a couple of things you should know to help us out."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did it! i'm so excited, this is better than any gift i could ever get. not only that, but my parents are really proud of my decision. (:

Anonymous said...

i did it and it feels good

Anonymous said...

awesome hayley good job

Anonymous said...

Hayley I am so proud of wat u did and i hope that it brings a smile to your face and especialy jesuses face when he see's u do something so thoughtfull and for others thanks again


lalas ttyl