Saturday, January 12, 2008

cute babies, etc.

Today is an exciting day for you....you get to see a picture of one of the cutest babies on earth! Here he is, on the right. This is my foster brother, who I like to call "Precious."

So, this little baby is totally loved. He's been with my family his whole life and we're basically all obsessed with him. Yesterday he went for his one year check-up at the doctor's office. When it was time to have his finger pricked for blood tests, he was very calm. He watched intently as the doctor held his finger and got ready to draw blood. It never occurred to Precious that he was about to be hurt! So, when she pricked that cute little finger, he was so surprised and upset! All he has ever known is love and he never thought to be afraid.

Even though it was painful at the time, getting his finger pricked was for his ultimate good. In a funny way, that reminds me of the way it is with God. We think a loving God should never let anything hard happen to us, never understanding that it might be better for us in the end.

Sometimes bad things happen and we never understand why. But sometimes we go through something painful and when it's done we see that God brought good from it. Chew on that this weekend!

James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing this from an itouch!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oops that was w

Anonymous said...

oops that was w

Anonymous said...

Awww! That was such a cute picture. I would just hate coming close to a needle! Even if it's for your own good I find it that everyone but you at the time sees it like that. At least that is what I always find to be true.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture, I can totally see why you would call him Precious! :-]

Anonymous said...

sry, that IPod touch is kinda hard to press sometimes! that's cool post todd.

Anonymous said...

awwwwww............

Anonymous said...

that is soooo cute i totally understand why u cal him precious hes adorable and i hate needles when i was like 4 i had to get 2 shots and i tried to run away form the doctors office i even made it outr the door on to the road but then the doctor cought me i was so mad but then i got a giant lollipop to shut me up at least thats wat my mom told mee lol!! 8D