Sunday, January 11, 2009

the curious case of a third grader.

Last week, I revisited one of my favorite childhood movies: Hook. It's the story of Peter Pan if he grew up and I just love it. I really do. You should watch it, but with very low expectations so that you won't be disappointed. (Trust me, this strategy works.)

I've always loved stories with a little magic involved...Matilda, Lord of the Rings, The Wizard of Oz. I could go on and on. But, there is another reason I love Hook. You see, I've always related to Peter Pan because I, too, have never wanted to grow up. I distinctly remember that feeling from childhood and I still feel it. I wanted to be in third grade forever.

If you could stay any age for the rest of your life, how old would you want to be?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would want to stay 14 because you are like not an adult yet but you are also not a kid anymore so you are like at an in between age.

Anonymous said...

i'd want to be eighteen bc then you're an adult, but still a teen.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't really want to stay one age forever. I'd maybe like to age very slowly though, taking much longer to grow older than usual.

Anonymous said...

Kinda the same answer for me that maggie said. I wouldn't want to be one age forever...
but if i had to pick it would be 13 or 14, even though i'm not even 13 yet lol

Anonymous said...

wow... this is a tough question. i guess i want to be like 15 because its usually ppl's first year of highschool and i think living it over and over again is pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have it like ground hog day(where the day is repeated over and over), but where I could chose when I could go on to the next day.....I guess thats kinda like what maggie said

Anonymous said...

i would go back to 2nd grade because i had the best teacher in the world