Monday, September 29, 2008

Hurricane Ike




Sometimes, it's easy for us to think only about what is going on in our world...in our town...in our area, and forget about what is going on across the United States and the World. While we have had day after day of sun, a couple weeks ago, Galveston, Texas was hit hard by Hurricane Ike. Check out some of these pictures. Some of these people's lives were devastated because of this hurricane. That does a couple things to me. First, it makes me thankful for what I have, and second, it makes me want to help them. I think that's what Jesus Christ would do. Tonight, I am going to be mindful of what these people are dealing with and pray for them. I challenge you to do the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea when we were in columbus for the Revolve tour, we were watching the news, and it was talking about people down in Texas.
I wish I could help, but i dont exactly know where to start, or how to figure out everything.

I was wondering why God would let hurricanes and things like that happen? Cuz he could stop them in a second, but he doesn't.

If something like that would ever happen to me, and i lost all my "stuff", I would be really sad, but thats because we get attached to stuff that doesn't need to be thought of so highly in our lives. We all should just let go of that stuff, and just focus on Jesus more and put him first.

Anonymous said...

i wish i knew how to help more

A. Fosnight said...

My cousins live in Houston which is 20 miles from Galveston. They had no power for 13 days, no school for 9 days, and waited in line for gas for 3 hours. They had it very tough for awhile but are doing better now. They were very thankful for the help they got from their church and neighbors all sticking together helping each other out.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are going out to the people in Houston.