Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summa Summa Summa-Time!

So, Summer is upon us (or nearly so, sorry Hudson students). I used to really look forward to Summer Vacation. No more school, no more homework and tests and getting up early. Summer was my time to do whatever I wanted to do! I was the King of the World. I was Master of my Domain. I was Ruler of All I Surveyed.

The problem is, about two weeks into summer vacation I'd begin getting bored. I'd miss my friends a ton. I mean, listen, I had gotten used to seeing my friends at school everyday, and now I only really got to seem them 3 times a week or so. That' just awful! We would always try to plan together sneaky ways that we could see each other more. An easy way was Church. I began bringing my friends to Edge with me when we had it, and occasionally we'd have Saturday night sleep overs so they could come to church with me on Sunday.

It's something you ought to consider doing now that Summer has freed up your schedule. You can use Church as an excuse to get to see your friends more often. And hey, you know Thursday Thrills is gonna be a Rockin' Good Time what with the games, free pizza, Rocking Worship, and getting to see Me, your favorite Egyptian. And who knows, maybe your friends will learn something about the Love of God for them, and then you would have made a truly important and lasting impact in their lives.

Live it up guys, Summer Time is Your Time!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's a good... uh... excuse? Anyway in about 5th grade I stopped faking sick and figures out that if i'm going to school I mine as well like it. Ever since i did that school has gone by really fast and then the summers come. So my advise to make school go faster? Just accept it and like it

Anonymous said...

what have you done this summer?




I went to the pool that is it so far

Anonymous said...

we're out of school!! and evan, that's really good advice. and totally works. cause that's what i've done, and summer comes fast.. just a bit too fast. only thing is, when you get to like school, then you don't want it to end. so that could be a problem..

Anonymous said...

I made friends at church so then when I was at church, I had certain friends there that I could hang out with.
My other friends are pretty much always busy with their friends from school, so it's hard to see them as much as I want to in the summer.
So maybe I'll try to see if they'll come to church with me. You never know what could happen!

P.s. You are everyone's favorite Egyptian!

Anonymous said...

He's everyopne's only egyption lol

Anonymous said...

Good post, Sherif! Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else to say. :O

Anonymous said...

it's only my first day off and I'm already bored. p.s. I am doing this on my wii.

Anonymous said...

go noah

Sherif said...

Noah, next time you are bored, give me a buzz, and we can Wii together. We might still be bored, but I doubt it. Wii makes everything Mmm Mmm better :)

Anonymous said...

i did this on my wii too it is hard summer

Anonymous said...

sherif, that was a good post! i will try to bring friends but i get picked up so idk if i can